Tuesday, May 19, 2009

HW 2: Visit a Store (Gap Co.)


Store: GAP Co.

This afternoon I visited Gap Co. at the University Mall. in Carbondale, IL. Before I went though, I checked out the Gap website. The site is very clean cut, just like the store is. The white background makes the site look vibrant and makes the blue on the page stand out. I saw that all shorts were 25% off so that caught my attention and I was excited to go shopping there!

When I first entered the Gap, there were about 20 people in the store ranging from the ages of 18-40. The first thing the caught my eye were the manichans. They're dressed very preppy with bright colors like blue, pink, and yellow. If I could use three words to describe the Gap it would be preppy, clean-cut, and comfortable. The lighting of the store is very mellow, not too bright or dark. Everything in the Gap is very organized and coordinated even with the employees. The employees are expected to wear clothes that fit the scheme of the store ( the preppy/clean cut kind of style). Employees are also very helpful and polite. When I first walked in one of the employees immediately said "Hello, how are you today? If there anything I can help with let me know" This particular employee helped me find a shirt and she seemed very enthusastic and happy to be working there. For the most part, Gap Co. prices might be a little higher than Old Navy but there customer service is great.I would suggest anyone to shop at the Gap.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Gap has a very friendly environment with great customer service. I don't usually shop there, but if I'm looking for something a little nicer, I might stop in.

    ReplyDelete